Thursday, April 18, 2013

@ Tyndale House - Day 4 (Final Day)

Today is my final day in Cambridge and thus as Tyndale House.  It has been a rewarding visit, mostly because of the time that I have had to connect with fellow-Christians and scholars.  Also of note, Tyndale House just released ties on their site.  They have neck ties and bow ties.  If you know me, you know how much I loved the bow ties, and how quickly I purchased one.  Here's me modeling one (just kidding, that was not a TH tie).

As for things I have done today: I really only made it to one site today on my walk.  I made my way to the Wren Library.  This library was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, and was complete in 1695 under the Mastership of Isaac Barrow.  Housed in the library is: an eighth century copy of the Epistles of St Paul likely written by a Scottish Monk, John Milton's shorter poems in his own handwriting and the original manuscript of Winnie-the-Pooh.  Also, on display way were many of Isaac Newton's possession: his walking stick (which was surprisingly short); his note book; a pocket watch; and strangely, a lock of his hair.  








In the end, I have missed my family A LOT, but the Lord blessed my week in many ways, and I look forward to my next visit to TH.

No comments:

Post a Comment