Sunday, March 31, 2013

Don't you wish it was Easter every day?

I've heard it asked, "Don't you wish it was Christmas all year long?"  To which I normally answer with a resounding, "NO! Have you had too much eggnog?"  But I did have a a thought today as I was surveying many blogs and posts on Facebook.  I asked, "would it not be nice for it to be Easter each day?" 

Why do I ask this?  Why is this a thought that comes to mind?  It comes to mind because today what we as Christians live for, and have hope of life through, is brought to the fore, at least for 15 waking hours.  Facebook is full Easter greetings, Easter messages, beautiful bible reflections and quotations.  It is very uplifting.  And for a moment folks are not snarky on Facebook or back stabbing on blogs.  For a moment the blogs that quarrel and slander brothers over silliness preach the gospel. 

While it is uplifting, in all truth it can be equally sad.  Why today, historically not the day the Jesus actually was raised from the dead for our new life and the world's hope of renewal, do we drop our weapons and preach Jesus?  It just seems a bit silly.  I can quote one who certainly did not share the hope of Jesus and say, "You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one."  But can it not be?  We, through the death and resurrection of Jesus are now empowered as his ambassadors, invested with the power of the Holy Spirit, to do what John Lennon did not have the power to ever do.  We have the power, the Resurrection power, to make REAL CHANGE to the glory of the Father, and Acts 2 says it started from within, and then worked outward. 


So could every day be Easter?  Yes and no.  Do I wish everyday was Easter.  Yes.

We still live in an imperfect world, but we have hope of a more perfect world of what we celebrate today.  Let us live in that hope as if it were everyday, and when we are imperfectly living in that hope, let us extend the hope to a brother in words of Resurrection hope.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment